- Before the start of the Master Project: choice of the project, discussion with the responsible and contact with the professor (email with: title of the project and name of responsible).
The registration to the Instant-Lab secretary should be done minimum 3 weeks before the beginning of the semester.
- Two weeks after the beginning: detailed workplan and objectives have been established (one page)
- Mid-project : Intermediate presentation
- End of the project : Report 17 weeks or 25 weeks after the beginning of the master and within the month after the end of the master project: final presentation
- Master project report has to be sent in PDF to the secretary of the microtechnic section (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 12 o’clock the due date mentioned in the academic calendar. The same electronic version has also to be sent to the assistant. Follow the guidelines for writing reports.
- All the electronic datas used and produced during the project (report in PDF, presentation, images, videos, CAD, files…) have to your assistant with a USB-key or hard drive (which will be given back).
Intermediate oral presentation 10min presentation, 15min discussion
- Objectives of the project (context, motivation, specifications)
- Background, description of the problem, hypothesis
- Methodology – choice of the solutions – theoretical basis
- Analysis of the results (in the perspective of the objectives)
- Work for the next phase (adjustments of the objectives, management of problems)
Final oral presentation 15min presentation + 15min discussion
Same plan as intermediate presentation + :
- Conclusion (in the perspective of the initial objectives)
- Self evaluation
The projects are evaluated on the basis of the report, work in the lab and oral presentations.
Report: Presentation of the problem, selection of methods, theoretical developments, experimental part, analysis of results and conclusion, quality of the report (writing, layout…)
Work in the lab: Involvement to the project, organization, documentation, quality and quantity of experimental work, creativity, communication with the team
Oral presentations: clarity of the objectives, quality of the presentation, reply to questions